It hit me this week as our last contest wrapped up that this is also the end of our 2012 contests, and it's time to giveaway some stuff!
I'm really excited to share the list of everyone who placed in a 2012 Go Teen Writers contest:
2. Laurie J. Curtis
3. Madison Hines, Lindsey Bradford
4. Kayla Anne CP, Lydia Hart
5. Jessica Staricka, Rachelle Rea
6. Alison Schneider, Jenna Blake Morris, Rebekah Hart, Deborah Rocheleau
7. S.J. Bouquet, Allison Young, Clare Kolenda, MacKenzie Pauline, Leorah Brinkerhoff, Ellen Coatney
8. Katelyn Marie Whitley, Julie Potrykus
9. Rebecca Pennefather, Jyllenna Wilke, Rachel Crew, Samuel LaRue, Jordan Newhouse, Karina Vieyra, Rayna Huffman, Elyssa Blow, Bethany Baldwin
10. Georgina Caballero, Faye Oygard, Alyssa Liljequist, Abigail Hartman, Richard Barrett II, Paulina Czarnecki, Sarah O., Jessica Zelli, Katie Scheidhauer, Skye Hoffert, Margaret Paquette, Nicole Godard, Anna Schaeffer, Britt M., Allison Perdue
11. Madison Cherie, Kaitlyn Evensen, JT Valun, P. R. Golden, Emii Krivan, Abigail Hassett, Sian Marshall, Taylor Copeland, Eliza Salinas, Julie-Anne Hepfner, Caitlin Hensely, Danielle C., Jill H.
As our first prize winner, Gillian Adams has won a year-long mentorship. She'll get a full manuscript critique, we can talk about story ideas, the business, some next steps for her, etc.
For our second prize winner, Laurie J. Curtis, and our third place winners, Madison Hines and Lindsey Bradford have won a critique of the first three chapters and a 2 to 3 page synopsis, also known as a book proposal.
Not only have our judges been amazing enough to give of their time throughout the year, they also have donated some wonderful prizes for me to give away to those who placed in 2012. The prizes and winners are as follows:
Winner: Madison Cherie
Winners: Lydia Hart, Rebekah Hart (yes they're sisters - weird!)
Winner: Rachelle Rea
Winner: Alison Schneider
Winner: Sian Marshall
A 5 page critique from Christa Banister
Winner: Jessica Zelli
Winners: Jessica Staricka, Julie Potrykus, Karina Vieyra, Elyssa Blow, Britt M.
Winner: Allison Perdue
A 3,000 word critique also from Betsy St. Amant
Winner: Rebecca Pennefather
Winner: Eliza Salinas
Winner: MacKenzie Pauline
A "blurb" critique from Roseanna M. White, up to 300 words
Winner: Katelyn Marie Whitley
Congratulations to all the winners!
Our first contest of 2013 will kick off on January 2nd, so be sure to check it out!