1. Katy McCurdy
2. Jordan Newhouse
3. Rebecca Pennefather, Rebekah Hart
4. Courtney Calvert
5. Faye Rhys
6. Alyssa Liljequist, Ellyn Gibbs
7. Kait Culbertson
8. Jenna Blake Morris
9. Monica Burke, Sammie Weiss, Imogen Elvis, Rachelle Rea, Clare Kolenda, Micah Eaton
10. Emily West, Rayna Huffman, Tonya La Course, Lindsey Bradford
11 Kaitlyn Evensen, Heidi Vanderveen
12. Rye Mason, Abbie Mauno, Esther Wong, Rachel Crew, Jessica Staricka
13. Joshua Hildebrandt
14. Rachel Twombly, Emii Krivan, Rachel Heffington, Korie Mulholland, Joe Duncko, Jordan Graham, Carilyn Everett, Helga Oskarsdottir, Gillian Adams
15. Sarah Posey, Mary Quinn, Sierra Bennett, Talia DeAndrea, Teddy Chan, Nicki Taylor, Sarah Faulkner, Bethany Forster, Morgan Sutton, Whitney Stephens, Jessi Roberts, Emma King, Cosette Russell
16. Moriah Newhouse, Charlotte Buzzard, Sarah Zakowski, Jennifer Grimes, Avery Wall, Katie Scheidhauer, Sarah Luckadoo, Alyson Schroll, Georgina Caballero, Adria Olson, Savannah Daniels, Melanie G. Schroeder, Isla Patterson, Jessica Zelli, Nicole Goddard
Congratulations to everyone! Hundreds participated this year, and it was super fun reading all the entries and experiencing your creativity.
The 65 people listed above not only receive bragging rights (and who doesn't love those?) but they've all be automatically entered to win a variety of prizes - including critiques and free books from wonderful authors like Jill Williamson, Shellie, Neumeier, and Roseanna White.
Also, the first and second place winners (Katy and Jordan) will receive a full manuscript critique, and the third place winners (Rebecca and Rebekah) will receive a partial manuscript critique. Something I noticed about all four girls is they were consistent, creative, brave (attempted new styles/techniques), and had very clean, typo-free writing. That doesn't apply to just them, certainly, but it's something worth noting.
2012 will bring a whole new batch of writing opportunities and contests. Don't get left out! Make sure you're plugged in to Go Teen Writers (you can receive posts by email [I moved the sign up to the top right of the page for today], sign up for the newsletter, or join the Go Teen Writers Facebook group.)
Have a great day, everyone!